- Bonnie Ora Sherk- Interviewed by Nick Kaye, May 6th, 2015, Siteworks San Francisco performance 1969-1985, University of Exeter
- Community Column: A Living Library– The Wire Roosevelt Island’s Community Newspaper, Volume 35, Issue 19, June 20th, 2015
- A Living Library Promotes Sustainable Development & Health by Cultivating the Human & Ecological Garden, Bonnie Ora Sherk, Centerpoint Now, United Nations Department of Information, September, 2013.
- Bonnie Ora Sherk Interview, Terri Cohn, SFAQ: Issue 14, September-December, 2013.
- Project Room #61: Bonnie Ora Sherk, A Living Library = A.L.L. Past & Present, Ingrid Dinter, Dinter Fine Art, July-August, 2013.
- Bonnie Ora Sherk, Feast: Radical Hospitality in Contemporary Art, Stephanie Smith, Smart Museum of Art, The University of Chicago, July, 2013.
- Constance Lewallen with Phong Bui, The Brooklyn Rail, July 15, 2013.
- Circa 1970: Pacific Standard Time at the Bronx Museum, Gillian Young, Art in America, July 11, 2013.
- West Coast Art (Not Laid-Back): A California State of Mind, Circa 1970, at Bronx Museum, Holland Cotter, New York Times, July 11, 2013.
- The California “State of Mind”: Q&A with Curator Karen Moss, Kate Deimling, Blouin Art Info, June 13, 2013.
- The Growing Trend, Nicole J. Caruth, Big Red & Shiny, October 16, 2012.
- Q&A: Bonnie Ora Sherk and the Performance of Being, Peter Cavagnaro, Berkeley Art Museum / Pacific Film Archives, June 12, 2012.
- Pop-Up Urbanism: The Origins of a Movement, Angie Schmitt, Streets Blog Network, February 24, 2012.
- Portable Park at Santa Monica Place Through Sunday, Anne Nagamoto, Santa Monica Mirror, February 3, 2012.
- Portable Parks IV: Past, Present, Future = A.L.L., by Bonnie Ora Sherk in Collaboration with Consuming Nature by the Otis College Graduate Public Practice Program, Pacific Standard Time Performance & Public Art Festival, January 27, 2012.
- Five Artsy Things to Do This Week: From a Neon Prayer Garden to Lunch with Lions, Catherine Wagley, LA Weekly. Top pic of the week features California State of Mind at OCMA and Bonnie Sherk’s Public Lunch, December 21, 2011.
- A California State of Mind, Circa 1970, Danielle Sommer, Daily Serving. An international forum for contemporary visual art; article features Bonnie Sherk’s Sitting Still Series and others’ work, December 13, 2011.
- PST, A to Z: ‘State of Mind’ at OCMA, Sharon Mizota, Culture Monster, Los Angeles Times. Article features early work by Bonnie Sherk and others, November 28, 2011.
- A New Pin On The Art Map, Roberta Smith, New York Times. Art Review of Pacific Standard Time shows including mention of California State of Mind at Orange County Museum of Art and Under the Big Black Sun, at MOCA, November 13, 2011.
- How-To-Homestead and Walk Through A Living Library’s Bonnie Ora Sherk, October 31, 2011.
- Cool State of Mind at the OC Museum of Art, Daniella Walsh, Newport Beach Independent Press review for California State of Mind show at Orange County Museum of Art, October 21, 2011.
- Eye on Art: Orange County Highlights Conceptual Art Circa-1970, Julian Bermudez, Orange County Gazette. Press review for California State of Mind show at Orange County Museum of Art, October 19, 2011.
- State of Mind: New California Art Circa 1970 at the Orange County Museum of Art, Art Daily. Press review for California State of Mind show at Orange County Museum of Art, October 10, 2011.
- Otis Institute of Art, MFA Public Practice Program presents San Francisco-based Bonnie Sherk and the collaborative team of Helen Mayer Harrison and Newton Harrison, among the first artists to engage in artistic practice that focuses on ecological and environmental issues, October 5, 2011.
- Urban Farming — Rural Art: die Kunst des Essens und Bewahrens, Anne Kersten, Kunstbulletin, published Switzerland. Article in German showcases Bonnie Ora Sherk’s Original Drawing of Crossroads Community (the farm) and discusses urban agriculture in the arts with mention of pioneering role of The Farm and A Living Library, October, 2011.
- Meeting My Idol in A Living Library, Haley Hunt-Brondwin, Birds on Bikes, August 28, 2011.
- Join The Roosevelt Island Living Library Adult and Child Garden This Summer – Learn Organic Gardening, Harvesting Your Own Salads, Composting, Nature Digital Photography, Make New Friends and More, Roosevelt Islander, July 11, 2011.
- New Roosevelt Island Branch Living Library Gardens Developed On RI Day. From the column of Roosevelt Island Resident’s Association President, Matthew Katz, who writes about our new Roosevelt Island Branch Living Library Gardens developed on RI Day, June 11, 2011: click on RIRA Column, page 3. And take a look at pages 8 & 9, for a colorful montage of photos from RI Day, June 18, 2011.
- Chinatown Living Library & Think Park Unveils Rainwater Cisterns, Garden, and Mural (in Chinese). Gordon J.Lau Elementary School rain and garden project to promote hands-on, interdisciplinary learning with new gardens and eco-art environments, April 23, 2011.
- Bay Area Marks Earth Day With Conservation Efforts, CBS Local, San Francisco. Opening of the Chinatown Living Library & Think Park’s rainwater harvesting system, gardens, and mural, April 22, 2011.
- Bay Area Rings in Earth Day, NBC Local, Bay Area. The 11 am opening of the Chinatown Living Library & Think Park’s rainwater harvesting system, gardens, and mural will be accompanied by demonstrations of the 11 cisterns and other rainwater conservation methods, according to project representatives, April 22, 2011.
- Over 200 Elementary and Pre-school Students Gather To Celebrate Earth Day with Public Unveiling of New Chinatown Living Library & Think Park, SFPUC. Gordon J.Lau Elementary School rain and garden project to promote hands-on, interdisciplinary learning with new gardens and eco-art environments, April 22, 2011.
- Northern California Daybook, Chem.info. Opening of the Chinatown Living Library & Think Park’s rainwater harvesting system, gardens, and mural, April 21, 2o11.
- Founder & Director of A Living Library Shows Early Work In Exhibit At CCA Wattis Institute for Contemporary Arts – God Only Knows Who the Audience Is, ArtAndEducation.net, July 2, 2011.
- Farm Fresh Art: Food, Art, Politics, and the Blossoming of Social Practice, Liena Vayzman, Art Practical, 2010.
- If Moses Was a Cab Driver, H. Brown, Fog City Journal, April 27, 2010.
- Plans Percolate to Revive Some SF Native Creeks, Jason Dearen, Associated Press, April 24, 2010.
- Opportunity to restore San Francisco creeks, Bonnie Ora Sherk, Carole Schemmerling and Jennifer Clary, SF Gate, April 16, 2010.
- A Watershed Moment for S.F. Creeks, Bonnie Ora Sherk, Carole Schemmerling and Jennifer Clary, San Francisco Chronicle, April 16, 2010.
- A Publication of the Arizona Chapter, American Planning Association, Vision. See discussion and drawings of Bonnie Ora Sherk’s early Life Frame: The Farm on pages 32-33, December 2009.
- Briefly, The Wire. Students from A Living Library at PS/IS 217 Plant Native Pin Oaks on Main Street Across From School on Roosevelt Island. Pictures and blurb in lower right corner of Front Page, November 21, 2009.
- The He(art) of the Matter: Cultivating the Human & Ecological Garden, Bonnie Ora Sherk, UN/NGO Conference Journal, Centerpoint Now, pg. 117, September 2009.
- Chinese Media Coverage: Community Work & Play Day – Art, Ecology, Garden: Think, Talk & Do, World Journal, May 30, 2009.
- S.F. History Lesson Runs through Islais Creek, Joe Eaton & Ron Sullivan, SF Gate, January 14, 2009.
- Urban Students Get To Study At Living Library, Joe Eaton & Ron Sullivan, SF Gate, January 7, 2009.
- Chinese Media Coverage: Community Work & Play Day, Sing Tao Daily News, June 7, 2008.
- Chinese Media Coverage: Sawing & Removal of Asphalt & Concrete, Chinatown Living Library & Think Park, Ming Pao, World Journal, Sing Tao Daily News, May 29, 2008.
- Street Dreams: Can One Woman’s Beautiful Vision Bring Back Life to Cesar Chavez Street?, Tim Holt, San Francisco Chronicle Magazine, November 18, 2007.
- A Living Library & Think Park: Place-Based, Ecological Transformation of Schools & Communities, Journal for United Nations NGO/DPI Conference Devoted to Climate Change, September 5-7, 2007.
- Work of Life Frames, Inc. & A Living Library Highlighted on Inside Cover of Bay Nature, Sponsored by SF Honda, April-June, 2007.
- Life Frames, Inc. Uses Urban Forestry Grant to Plant 200 Trees at San Miguel Child Development Center in San Francisco, California Shade: A Newsletter from the California Department of Forestry & Fire Protection Urban Forestry Program, January 2007.
- A Living Library: A Global Ecological Network of Diversity & Commonality, Bonnie Ora Sherk, UN Chronicle Online Edition, December 20, 2006.
- Proposition 12: Life Frames, Inc. Uses Urban Forestry Grant to Plant 200 Trees at San Miguel Child Development Center in San Francisco, California Shade: A Newsletter from the California Department of Forestry & Fire Protection Urban Forestry Program, pg. 2, Fall 2006.
- Today’s Newsmakers: Bonnie Ora Sherk, San Francisco Examiner, July 18, 2006.
- Bernal Community: Bernal Heights Living Library & Think Park Nature Walk, Bonnie Ora Sherk, New Bernal Journal, December 2005-January 2006.
- Let It Grow, Will Bradley, Frieze Magazine, October 2005.
- A Living Library: A Global Network of Diversity & Commonality, Centerpoint Now: 60th Anniversary of United Nations Commemorative Journal, September 2005.
- Land Art/Living Truths: A Performance Artist-Turned-Educator Sheds Light on the Islais Creek, Zahid Sardar, San Francisco Chronicle Magazine, May 22, 2005.
- Living the Life: Gardens Teach City Kids, Adults About Nature, Mary F. Albert, San Francisco Examiner, August 5, 2004.
- Roots of the Problem: Environmentalist Says Trees Could Reduce Flooding, Ethan Fletcher, San Francisco Examiner, May 25, 2004.
- Letter to the Editor Concerning Article on A Living Library Plan for Southpoint, Dr. Noel J. Brown, President & CEO, Friends of the United Nations, The Main Street Wire, April 3, 2004.
- New Plan for Cultural Park at Southpoint, Dick Lutz, The Wire, March 20, 2004.
- A Living Library, Sing Tao Daily News, January 29, 2004.
- Bonnie Ora Sherk Visits Elementary School Lunch Program in Tokyo, Asahi Shimbun: Japan’s Leading National Paper, October 22, 2003.
- A Living Library: The Community’s Garden of Hope, Manila Bulletin USA, Kabayan Edition, August 14-20, 2003.
- Land & Eco Art in the USA, Landscape & Art: The Journal of the Landscape & Arts Network, UK American Edition, Summer 2003.
- A Living Library, Sing Tao Daily News, May 8, 2003.
- A Living Library, Sunset Scavenger, Recycle Today, January-March 2003.
- Re-envisioning Our Urban Ecology: Bonnie Sherk’s Rural Enclaves, Terri Cohn, Artweek, December 2000.
- Partnership for Family Involvement: PFIE Partner Nominated for Smithsonian Award, US Department of Education Community Update Newsletter, May 2000.
- Garden Project Greens Up Three School Campuses in Outer Mission, Sonia Mansfield, The Neighborhood Reporter, April 4, 2000.